A Welcome to Chic Vintage Brides & The Top 20 Posts of 2015
I have been seeing lots of lovely new visitors to the site since New Year and much as Mr E would like to think it is all thanks to the swanky new look he gave CVB, I have a sneaky suspicion a lot of you became engaged over the holidays! Congratulations lovelies, what wonderful news!! At this point in your celebrations (now you have told your Mum & Dad, besties and announced it on Facebook – hopefully in that order!) you are more than likely jumping straight into planning (who can resist once you have that sparkler on your finger??) Starting with of course looking for inspiration, which is probably what brought you here! Well, welcome, I am so glad to have you and I hope you find just what you’re looking for here amongst these pages. To help, and to give you an idea of what you can expect to see from Chic Vintage Brides over the coming year, I thought I would share some of the most popular posts from 2015……
Starting with this one – if you haven’t already seen it, you really should! I know how overwhelming it can be when you first get engaged, so start off the wedding planning process in the right way with these Top 10 To Dos…..
But I know when I was a bride-to-be planning my big day, it wasn’t advice I wanted, but weddings!
Especially the gorgeous tablescapes (that include hanging centrepieces) and place settings!
4. And if you thought the Art Deco trend was over, then take a look at this Art Deco inspired celebration captured by Gantes Co, that brims with romance and features the most delicious looking DIY naked wedding cake…..
Not only for the setting, but because you might also love the dapper groom’s attire and his cute as can be ring bearer!
…..their romantic exit is simply one not to be missed!
Of course when it comes to planning your big day, the thing most likely to top your to-do list, is finding THE dress! Well you will find plenty of inspiration here – from roundups of key trends, to the latest collections from the very best designers, and a few you might not have heard of yet!
7. Even 5 years after the wedding that started this trend, long sleeves are going nowhere based on the popularity of this roundup of the most exquisite from the 2015 collections – and I for one am SO glad!
8. Or for the bold bride, how about eschewing the traditional white gown, for something altogether more…… fabulous! (Floral was an emerging trend in 2015, and one that I hope only grows stronger in 2016)
9. And the popularity of this collection of 25 of the most gorgeous tea length gowns proved that there is one wedding dress trend that never goes out of fashion for the vintage loving bride! …..
10. Oh and if you like that post, then you’ll love this one! I shared lots of lovely collections from top designer names like Claire Pettibone, Jenny Packham, Elizabeth Filmore, Jesus Peiro and Sareh Nouri; but it was the 2016 collection from The House of Mooshki that most captured the hearts of CVBs brides…..
11. But not forgetting it isn’t just you that needs to look your best on the big day! This post proved popular last year with brides – and grooms! – looking for stylish ways to add a vintage vibe to your groom’s and groosmen’s look…..
12. And here’s something a little different for your bridesmaids too…..
When it comes to incredibly creative and truly inspiring wedding ideas though, nothing beats a styled shoot! When wedding industry professionals are given the freedom to let their creative juices flow, the end result is always spectacular…..
16. And if you’re looking to add a splash of boho (a trend that it destined to still be strong in 2016) to your vintage vibe, then take a peek at this Spring Woodland Shoot from Toni Larsen Photography & Magdalen Hill….. that cake is ginger, cinnamon & treacle, now how mouthwateringly good does that sound?
Just as important as your wedding dress, venue and theme, is of course your colour scheme! And there are perfect palettes a plenty on the pages of Chic Vintage Brides (I am an inspiration board-aholic!)…..
17. Most popular in 2015 was this blush pink and peach palette paired with some fresh greens and a warm neutral grey, which is just perfect for a romantic Spring (or summer) wedding…..
18. My favourite was this delicate mix of blush and blue inspired by Provence….. and it would be perfect for 2016 with Serenity Blue being one of Pantone’s colours of the year!
20. Last but not least, if you want to see what colours are going to be strong in 2016, take a peek at Pantone’s Top 10 picks for Spring – which includes their two (yes, TWO!) colours of the year Serenity and Rose Quartz…..
Oh but that really isn’t all! In fact these posts are just a glimpse of what you will find here – 253 posts were published on Chic Vintage Brides last year! So do stay a while and have a good look around, and if you don’t know where to start still why not take a look at CVBs fabulous Wedding Bouquet Recipe series – it will help shed a little light on all things floral, as well as inspire and delight you, by breaking down some beautiful bouquets into blooms, bunches and stems! Or for some ideas on how to decorate the all important aisle (plus some great ceremony location ideas you might not have thought of) pop across to the Aisle Style category. And if you’re wondering about the perfect finishing touch for your look, then you will love the collection of posts on Bridal Accessories – from veils, to flower crowns, tiaras and headbands, there is something for every bride.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed this little intro and found LOTS you love! Perhaps I will see you back here tomorrow for more wedding inspiration – I do hope so!