5 Perfect Palettes for a Winter Wedding
Hello lovelies! You may remember I promised some weeks ago, after you all loved the Autumn wedding colour palettes I shared, that these perfect palette posts would become a more regular feature and today I thought it was about time I delivered on that promise (OK, so I confess, I rather loved the post too and just couldn’t wait any longer to share the next one!) So this week’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons features 5 of my favourite palettes for a Winter wedding, and finishes with a chance for you to have a say on which one becomes the next inspiration board! As a Winter bride myself I can tell you there is no time of year more magical for a wedding. I know you’re not convinced, but wait until you see these…..
1. Starting with possibly the most traditional colour palette, inspired by those berries whose appearance announce the coming holiday season. No palette says winter wedding, or looks as bright and beautiful against a crisp snow backdrop, quite like rich reds & greens! For the most elegant look keep the red deep and mix with ebony and pearl…..
2. Viburnum berries make the prettiest addition to Winter floral designs (including a cake topper!) and mixed with a soft neutral, their muted dusky hues also make the perfect colour palette for a Winter wedding…..
3. Of course when it comes to Winter weddings, there’s nothing more romantic than a snowy day and I love how elegant neutrals look against a dreamy white background. Add hints of silver or gold to add depth and a little opulence…..
In fact this reminds me of one of my very earliest wedding inspiration boards (from all the way back in July 2012!)…. you can see it here if you missed it.
4. Use the lush green foliage that abounds in winter, mixed with pine cones and berries they are just as lovely as any flowers – and are sure to make your centrepieces and decor far more affordable! Mixed with a hint of gold and lashings of bright royal blues (a table runner is such a clever way to add colour to your winter tables!) it makes for a stylish but fun colour palette…..
5. Or possibly my favourite, snow dusted conifers with a splash of delicate blush makes a surprising and oh-so-pretty winter wedding colour palette…..
How about you, which is your favourite? Leave me a comment below letting me know which one you love, or head over to Chic Vintage Brides Facebook page and vote for your favourite and it might just be my next Inspiration Board!