Groom & Groomsmen
5 Stylish & Cool Summer Grooms Looks
Before I leave you for the weekend, there’s just time for one more thing. Continuing our Summer stroll, after looking at 5 of the most perfect palettes last Friday, for this week’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons we’re turning our attention to our dapper grooms with 5 of the most stylish looks for a Summer groom…..
Don’t get me wrong, there is little I love more than a man in a well fitting traditional tux, morning or 3 piece suit; they look suave, sophisticated and stylish….. but not always all that summery! So, I’m here with 5 ways to style your man stylishly vintage and most importantly cool for your summer celebrations. And with the current trend of Groom’s unleashing their inner style maven and showing some of their unique style and personalities on the big day, these are looks you will love just as much as your man will!
1. Choosing sand or stone coloured suits, especially in linen, will have your groom & groomsmen looking and feeling cool! Forgo the jacket to make it cooler still, and add some suspenders and a bow tie to keep the look smart – they can always roll their sleeves up and undo the tie (after the portraits) for a more relaxed look for the reception!…..
2. Whilst tweeds, herringsbones and houndstooths are traditionally more suited to Autumn & Winter weddings, nothing says vintage (or relaxed, rustic style) quite like it. So if you have your heart set on this charismatic material, go with accessories over a plain white shirt instead of a full suit…..
3. I love how today’s grooms are embracing colour and Summer is the perfect season to go bright and bold! Dazzling blue, pinks and mints would all look fun and fabulous. Choose contrasting colours or complimentary shades in the same colour for the groomsmen, and if they’re not confident enough to don a suit in the shade, mix the blazer with some more casual chinos for a cool look any man can rock!…..
4. Or for a bolder look still, how about a patterned suit? There are floral, checked and striped in the stores this summer, which are sure to show your guests your groom’s style and personality. I love stripes for summer, and paired with a co-ordinating waistcoat and contrasting patterned tie they can look just as romantic as they do fun!…..
5. However your groom doesn’t have to go bold or bright to look stylish and cool for your big day. A pale grey suit, or trousers and waistcoat, looks just as gorgeous, especially mixed with tan brown accessories and a splash of summer colour in the tie!…..
Don’t they look fabulous?? Which look is your favourite? I love them all!
If you missed Autumn, Winter or Spring for any reason, you can take a peek at them here, here and here. Or for more Summer wedding ideas pop and take a look at some pretty colour palettes and inspiration boards perfect for the most popular wedding season here, here, here, and here!
Or, if none of these looks have taken your fancy, take a peek at past posts for more groom attire ideas – here for my top 5 groomsmen trends and here for 10 easy ways to style your man vintage. Or pop across to Chic Vintage Brides on Pinterest because the Grooms & Groomsmen board is packed full of ideas (almost 1000 pins worth!)
Oh and if you missed last week’s 5 Perfect Palettes for a Summer Wedding, do take a peek before you go, and don’t forget to have your say on which one becomes CVBs next inspiration board by popping across to Chic Vintage Bride’s Facebook page and letting me know which is your favourite!
Have a fab weekend,