Your 5 Favourite Posts of 2014
Hello lovelies! Well its nearly the weekend, which, as those of you who are regulars will know, can only mean one thing – time for my weekly roundup of Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons. To those of you who are newly engaged and therefore new to Chic Vintage Brides (Congratulations!! I hope you didn’t miss Monday’s post – it was a must see for anyone starting out on the wedding planning path), you are in for a bit of a treat as my weekly roundup posts are always some of the most popular, especially on Pinterest! For this, the first Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons of the New Year, I racked my brain for a fitting subject and what could possibly be a better countdown to start 2015 with, than the 5 most popular posts of 2014? But, I don’t mind telling you, there were a few surprises! None of the beautifully inspiring weddings or inspiration boards made the list, and just wait until you see the post in the number one spot!
5. Brimming with some of the prettiest and most imaginative ideas to make sure your celebrations are as romantic as your ceremony, you loved my post with 20 beautiful ideas for lighting your wedding reception…..
Did you see the post on ceremony lighting too? If not, it is well worth a read!
4. We all love a designer dress, and there is no better excuse for splurging than a wedding – but only if you can afford to! Your wedding is after all only the start of your marriage and married life should definitely not start with a mountain of debt! Your wedding day shouldn’t break the bank and nor does it have to, especially when it comes to your wedding dress, for there are budget friendly options every way you turn – and I am not talking poor quality, unethical, designer knock offs. Just take a peek at these 20 Incredible Wedding Dresses all under $1000 – yep, seriously!
3. The fact I only published this sneak peek of BHLDN’s Spring 2015 Collection in December shows just how very much you loved it – and I am not surprised! BHLDN, with their carefully curated collections of uniquely vintage-inspired style at affordable prices, has long been a fave of mine but their 2015 collection really is something else. It is, by the way now live and definitely worth a closer look!
2. Gone are the days when being asked to be a bridesmaid was met with as much trepidation as joy, and no longer are bridesmaid dresses being relegated to the back of the wardrobe. Today’s bridesmaids dresses are not the silk taffeta meringues of nightmares past, in fact these five beautiful bridesmaids trends were guaranteed to leave your gals loving their gowns and longing to wear them again…..
By far your favourite post though???
1. This one ~ my top five grooms & groomsmen trends for 2014! For far too long our boys were playing it safe with their wedding day attire, but 2014 was the year we saw more gorgeous grooms expressing their unique styles and letting their personalities shine through. It was the year grooms joined brides in wanting to put their own stamp on their wedding day style, and long may it continue!
So, those were the pick of the posts for 2014….. I wonder what next years list will look like?
Have a wonderful weekend!