Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons – Wedding Invitations
Gosh, I can’t quite believe it is Friday again….where on earth has the week gone?? It has whizzed by in a flash, but it sure was packed full of pretty! Starting on Monday with those simply beautiful Rue De Seine wedding dresses (this one was my favourite! how about you?); not wanting our guys to feel left out Tuesday was one just for them with this year’s Top 5 Trends for Grooms & Groomsmen; Ginger Rogers was this week’s Chic Vintage Bride even if I did cheat a little bit, not using one of her 5 (yep I said 5) real weddings. Oh and yesterday it was time for some seriously stunning vintage sparklers from Trumpet & Horn. Just one more of course before the weekend starts…..
This week’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons is dedicated to the all important invitation! Don’t underestimate the significance of this lowly and oft overlooked ‘piece of paper’ for it is your guests first glimpse of your big day, setting the scene and the tone of the proceedings; and if done properly provides a much cherished keepsake for all those lucky enough to receive one. Here are some of the prettiest and most creative wedding invitations from the past week…..
1. Invitations are a great way to introduce guests to the setting or venue for your wedding like these lovelies by Big Fly Design from this Olive Grove Wedding in beautiful France (oh and this wedding is a must see for the story of how the bride & groom met!)
Photography by Feather and Stone
2. Invitations can convey a mood and colour palette like these dark yet pretty ones by Lovely Paper Things from this inspiration shoot on Style Me Pretty…..
Photography by Ashley Kelemen
3. Invitations can be kept simple but the stationery suite prettied up with envelope liners or beautiful backings like these by Swiss Cottage Designs from this lovely Italian garden inspired wedding…..
Photography by Jen Huang
4. Invitations don’t have to cost the earth with a little creativity like these hand painted by the bride & groom from this truly dreamy northern California farm wedding (there is just SO much to love about this wedding)…..
Photography by Kate Harrison
5. Invitations can be unique like these designed by the bride and letterpressed by Lion in the Sun from this rustic farm wedding…..
So you see, invitations can (and should) be so much more than just pieces of paper that state a time and date.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!