Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Fabulous Wedding Cakes & Toppers
Hello lovelies! I hope you are enjoying better weather than we are here, in the usually sunny Hawkes Bay. What a wet and miserable week it has been, and it is showing no signs of improving! But hey at least it’s the weekend, and I know just how I will be spending mine! (when I am not at puppy school with the pooch that is) How about you? Of course I am jumping ahead of myself somewhat, for there is just one more thing to do before I switch off my laptop and welcome the weekend – and this week’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons is mouthwateringly good! After last week’s stunning sparklers, and those gorgeous vintage gowns; my fab five for this Friday are some showstopping, and rather tasty looking, wedding cakes and toppers…..
1. If you follow Chic Vintage Brides on Facebook you may have already glimpsed this beautiful gold flaked wedding cake – I just couldn’t resist giving you a sneak peek. It is so pretty and simply perfect for any era or theme…..
Cake ~ Melissa’s Fine Pastries, Photography ~ Marissa Lambert Photography via Elizabeth Anne Designs
2. Oh if only I had known 4 years ago what I know now! I struggled for months to find a wedding cake topper (in the end having none) when all I needed to do was use a little imagination – how sweet does this miniature china tea set look??…..
Cake ~ Restoration Cake, Photography ~ Fiona Kelly Photography via Love My Dress
3. Or for something a little more glam than cute, how about this crown (yes, yes I know, I’m obsessed) cake topper?…..
Photography ~ Sylvie Gil via Style Me Pretty
4. Naked wedding cakes aren’t just for rustic barn or countryside weddings, they can be vintage too – and perfect for couples looking to DIY or save a few pennies…..
Cake ~ Marcey Brownstein Catering and Events, Photography ~ Simply Bloom Photography via Burnett’s Boards
5. And one of the biggest cake trends for this year is equally perfect for a vintage wedding ~ forget elaborate sugar icing, 2014 is all about the painted cake!……
Cake ~ Smore Sweets Bakery Photography ~ Ryan Johnson Photography via Green Wedding Shoes
They’re lovely don’t you think? Each and every one of them! Any tickle your taste buds or take your fancy?
Have a super weekend!