Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons – Wedding Cakes
Wow, it’s Friday again and already another weekend is fast approaching! I hope the first week of March has been kind to you – showing some signs of Spring for all of you lovelies in the Northern hemisphere and not feeling too chilly for those of us in the South. It has certainly started to feel more like Autumn here in Hawkes Bay, I actually had to dig out a scarf for my early morning walk with Bodie yesterday!
This week has been quite the week for Chic Vintage Brides, sharing a rather gorgeous Rustic Ranch Wedding, the latest collection from Elizabeth Bower perfect for bridesmaids, absolutely my favourite Chic Vintage Bride yet and some delightful Downton Abbey wedding inspiration yesterday…..oh and on top of all that, CVB reached something of a milestone on Pinterest with my 15,000th pin! And it was a beauty from Magnolia Rouge! You know, if you’re not already following Chic Vintage Brides on Pinterest you really should be, because with over 15,000 pins you are bound to find something you really love!
This week’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons was somewhat inspired by that incredible wedding cake in yesterday’s post, wasn’t it just vintage perfection? But you know you don’t have to have an elaborately iced (expensive) wedding cake for it to be memorable. Here are 5 of the cutest, quirkiest and prettiest, if not the most fancy wedding cakes…..
1. Simple but sweet wedding cake – from a pretty peach and plum wedding inspiration shoot
2. Topped with a personalised topper wedding cake – from this fabulous and free spirited glamping wedding
3. Such a pretty cake atop a milked glass stand – spotted in this fabulous fall berry & brown inspiration board from Want That Wedding
(you can find some similar here at BHLDN or here at Neiman Marcus)
4. Incredible alternative wedding cake (yes, it is a chocolate drizzled rice kripsie cake!) – from this adorable autumn wedding
Oh and the lucky couple also had the yummiest looking dessert table….
5. OK, so maybe this one is fancy but I couldn’t resist – from this 10 Alternative Wedding Cakes post on Paper + Lace
For more wedding cake inspiration pop over to CVB’s Wedding Cakes and Dessert Tables Pinterest boards, they are packed full of ideas!
Right I’m off for a glass of wine….and possibly a spot of Audrey as Mr E is out for the evening. Happy weekend everyone!