Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons #60
Woo hoo for the weekend, which starts here!! I love Fridays, not only for the aforementioned obvious reason, but also because it is the day I allow myself some blog surfing freedom! The rest of the week I walk the fine line between my daily dose of inspiration and maintaining focus on the task in hand, i.e. finishing a post. But Fridays there are no time constraints or deadlines, no limits I will go to to find the perfect posts for Snippet, Whispers & Ribbons, just inspiration, inspiration and more inspiration…..and the creativity and talent of wedding bloggers and professionals; brides, grooms and families never fails to amaze me…..
1. I first spotted this wedding in the latest issue of Magnolia Rouge Magazine (I hope everyone has seen it, it is a MUST read) and it is no less breathtaking the second time! Gorgeous bride Jessie’s striking red hair and unique lace, long sleeved over coat I confess fills me with envy….. she looks like a fair maiden from a romantic tale of old. And the super pretty palette of orange and blue perfectly compliments their relaxed rustic venue…..
2. And talking of pretty palettes! I love Victoria from Love My Way‘s play on words almost as much as I love her fresh, crisp and perfect for Spring wedding inspiration board ‘Mint to be’…..
3. First bird cake toppers, then naked and alternative cakes and now there is a new wedding cake trend storming the blogosphere! Hand painted cakes are the ultimate in cake art, fondant that has been either stencilled or painted free hand, create spectacularly lovely results (and what a fun DIY project it would make) as showcased by the Southbound Bride…..
4. In celebration of St Patrick’s day Sunday, and because emerald is still top of my lust list of colours, take a peek at this lush emerald art deco wedding inspiration shoot over on Green Wedding Shoes…..
5. And this Friday I need to share this incredibly inspiring 1920s 1930s hollywood inspired wedding from Love My Dress, not least because it features a bespoke Joanne Fleming dress and the most fabulous Marcel Waves I have ever seen; but also because I have never read a real wedding where the bride, Jade, has poured so much passion into sharing her story – nor spoken so eloquently about the trials and tribulations of planning a wedding. Please read Jade’s Words of Wedded Wisdom if nothing else….. they are inspiringly honest and simply brilliant!
Happy Friday everyone, have a fabulous weekend!!