Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
5 Flower Girl Must Haves
Morning lovelies! It is such a gloriously bright and sunny day here in the bay, what a beautiful way to end the week – I just hope it continues all through the weekend, so Mr E, the pup and I can go on lots more of these. Anyway, feeling all inspired by the sun (and the beautiful flower girl that accompanied this week’s Chic Vintage Bride) I thought I would mix things up a little for today’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons – you know how I like to keep you on your toes! Usually these Friday roundups are all about my 5 fab finds, but this Friday it is the 5 must haves….although they are definitely still fab! Rather than just sharing beautiful pictures and posts to beguile and inspire you, I have tried to think of the 5 things to find and buy for your flower girl a bit of a checklist for you – and I have even done some of the hard work for you and found a few items that might just fit the bill!
1. Of course number one is the dress, and there are A LOT of gorgeous dresses out there! No longer is a tulle ballerina skirt your only option, although there are definitely still plenty if that’s what you’re after. But as with all fashion, whether tulle-tastic or delicate in lace, the designs and styles for flower girls today are so much more grown up and sophisticated, like beautiful miniature wedding dresses…..
This pretty one is Lyla from BHLDN
Photography by Nicole Berrett via Ruffled
Photography by Archetype Studio Inc. via Style Me Pretty
I love the flower girl dresses by Doloris Petunia on Etsy. So much so in fact, that I would happily wear an adult version of this almost Audrey inspired design called the Annabelle….
And here’s a roundup of some other real cuties for flower girls of all ages…..
2. Ladies we all know what a difference shoes can make to an outfit, and this truth is universal – whatever your age. As Marilyn Monroe once said “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world!”…..
Photography by Binary Flips via Elizabeth Anne Designs
Photo by Marianne Wilson via Wedding Wire
3. Something to carry is also important. Be it a basket overflowing with petals, a banner or a ring-pillow, a little task will be cherished by your flower girl – and will give her something to focus on rather than all of those eyes watching her…..
Photography by Alixann Photography via Green Wedding Shoes
Photography by Emily Wren via Green Wedding Shoes
Photography by Elyse Hall via Style Me Pretty
4. And what flower girls outfit would be complete without a flower crown?
Photography by Braedon Photography via Ruffled
Or other cute hair accessory…..
Photography by Heather Rowland via Style Me Pretty
Treat her to something pretty and spend a moment making sure it looks perfect because she will love feeling as pampered as you and your bridesmaids!
5. Last but not least, think of a special way to thank her! With something personal she can carry or wear on the day and treasure forever. I love the idea of this embroidered handkerchief from Inspired Stitches…..
And here are a few other ideas any flower girl is sure to love!…..
Oh and don’t forget to be there to hold her hand…..
Photography by CK Metro Photos via Chic Vintage Brides
Or create it the special job of one of your bridesmaids. Because remembering how nervous I was walking down the aisle as an adult, I can hardly imagine the nerves our poor flower girls must feel walking ahead of us.
Have a fab weekend!