Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Well hello 2014! I hope everyone had a smashing New Year! My NYE was spent quietly celebrating with Mr E and the new addition to our little family – and he has been keeping us on our toes ever since! How about you, how did you see in 2014? We awoke on New Years day to the most exciting news from home, with a special family engagement 🙂 Which got me thinking about how many couples might be starting the New Year in the happiest of ways and how many brides-to-be have come to Chic Vintage Brides wondering where to begin. So this Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons is for all you lovely ladies just starting out on the wedding planning path (I am more than a little envious – I would love to do it all again) Here is my list of the five things to do first……
1. Mr E very cleverly proposed with a perfectly beautiful ring, but not every groom-to-be is so brave! And so, for some lucky newly-engaged brides-to-be, your exciting first job on the wedding planning path is picking your pretty sparkler! If you have your heart set on beautiful vintage or antique ring then start by taking a look at Trumpet & Horn’s top tips….
And if you would like to peruse a selection of my favourite vintage engagement rings take a peek at Chic Vintage Brides Pinterest board – there are some stunners! (and once you have your ring of course don’t forget to get it insured!)
2. After “Congratulations!” and “Ooooh, let me see your ring!” you will be asked “When’s the big day?” A LOT! So, set a date even if it’s just narrowing down a year and season and you can always start looking at Save the Dates if it is too soon for invites!
Beacon Lane, Wedding Paper Divas, Hello! Lucky, Bella Figura, Minted
3. If I could change one thing, it would be to organise an Engagement session before our big day! Your engagement is an event well worth celebrating and capturing – plus it’s the perfect opportunity to get a little practice in front the camera with your photographer! If you’re planning a engagement shoot, take a squiz at Wedding Wire’s advice on how to create engagement photos that are natural, romantic and express your personalities……
4. Set a budget, stick to it and, whatever it is, start saving! But don’t be pressured into thinking a beautiful wedding will break the bank and cost the earth, just take a peek at this beautiful bride and her budget friendly DIY wedding!……
5. Embrace Pinterest (if you haven’t already) let the inspiration wash over you and be prepared to get lost in all of the pretty! I wonder now how I ever managed to plan our wedding without it, it makes collating and organising ideas so simple (and it is seriously addictive) If you’re new to Pinterest or just aren’t sure where to begin, Esther over on Belle & Chic has all the top tips on using Pinterest to plan your big day……
Oh and don’t forget to follow Chic Vintage Brides on Pinterest…in fact why not spend a while perusing some of the 13,500 pins (I told you it was addictive!!) There is a board for every wedding detail as well as every theme, colour, decade and style of wedding (or if there isn’t let me know and I will create one!)
After all CVB was named one of 10 Pinterest Boards to follow by Vogue Paris no less!
Most of all, if you are basking in the glow of a proposal popping New Year bask a while longer. Take a breath and with your nearest and dearest celebrate being engaged! Oh and of course, if you feel like reliving the romance, do tell because there is little we love more than a good proposal 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend everyone,