August 31, 2012
What an exciting week, for once I am a little sad to see it end!! Chic Vintage Brides hit 1,000,000 followers on Pinterest – I am overwhelmed and indeed a little in shock :) I ♥ each and every CVB follower – be they on the blog, Pinterest or Facebook, for sharing my passion for all things wedding and vintage.
Oh and as if that wasn’t enough excitement for one week, there was real weddings galore on the world wide wedding web, here are my faves…..
1. I don’t know if anyone has been as hooked as I have been on the Down the Aisle with Chriselle posts on Green Wedding Shoes, but if so just wait until you see these pics of her big day….. there just aren’t enough words for pretty for this Romantic Greystone Mansion wedding!…..
2. Where do I even start with my love for this wedding??…. I have been looking forward to it ever since I spied their gorgeous 1920s Glass Greenhouse Engagement photos on 100 Layer Cake - I just knew such a stylish couple would make for an extraordinary wedding and I wasn’t disappointed. Their New Orleans Wedding is full of relaxed elegance (the setting for the ceremony is something else), rustic glamour (like their Barn wedding reception) and personal touches – the bride designed her own dress, you can’t get much more personal than that! Oh and here’s the Bride’s Pinterest board for her wedding – I love seeing how it translated to her day.
3. This beautiful Kangaroo Valley Wedding on Polka Dot Bride looks like it was such a ball I wish I had been a guest – from haybales for ceremony seats and a flash mob, to a surprise proposal, it has everything a wedding should have to make it memorable…..
4. I had never heard of Pot Luck until I came to New Zealand and this week I saw my first Pot Luck wedding breakfast – well the side dishes at least. For any brides feeling the pressure to plan a wedding on a budget take inspiration from this bride and wedding on Snippet & Ink…..
5. Of course there is another way of getting married on a budget, something that crossed my mind (fleetingly Mum!) but had I seen this Paris elopement on Green Wedding Shoes I might have been more sorely tempted – just look at the bride’s pink dress, bright brooch bouquet and the photos are incredible not to mention the memories!
Have you been tempted to elope?? I can’t think of anything more romantic than getting married, just the two of you. Take a look at some of the elopements I have found if you want to be convinced or are looking for inspiration!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!