Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
5 Wonderful Winter Wedding Cakes
Good morning, it’s nearly the weekend – and there are only 2 weekends left until Christmas?! Eek! But before all that, this week’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons is continuing our series of Winter Wedding inspiration posts and looking at 5 of the most wonderful Wedding Cakes. For whilst I have learnt over the 3 years I have been blogging, that on your day you can have whatever you want (something I hadn’t realised when as a bride-to-be I accepted being told I couldn’t have a wedding cheesecake) I do think its lovely when couples have a cake that reflects the season as well as their chosen theme – something fresh and pretty for Spring, light for Summer, fruity for fall; and for Winter? Something that matches the drama of the season, adds some warmth to a dark night and dazzle to your celebrations. Take a look…..
1. Painted wedding cakes have been a big trend for 2014 (something I am sure is set to continue next year) and I love this rustic deer head, decorated with seasonal berries in the classic colours of Christmas. Although the skill and time required to paint a wedding cake won’t be cheap, what you spend on your cake’s decor you will save on the topper. For who needs a topper when your cake looks this lovely?
2. I love how simple yet effective textured white icing is and it is perfect for Winter! Give it a little extra gorgeousness and add some colour with just a dash of decor or a cute topper as Bess & Austin did (take a peek here if you missed their Winter Wonderland wedding) with their gold dipped deers…..
3. Whilst I love the glamour of gold, silver makes me think of snowflakes, icicles, the sparkle of frost and the twinkle of the stars in a crisp nights sky! Could anything be more perfect for a Winter wedding cake?…..
4. I love how this square delight has much the same effect on a much smaller scale. The foliage adds that hint of silver and the glass cake stand (the perfect solution to every bride on a tight budget) makes a simple two tier wedding cake look grand and luxurious…..
5. Or Winter is also the perfect season to indulge in a cake that is deliciously rich and heavy. For a rustic wedding a scrumptious fruit filled pie (yes people, a wedding pie!) will be sure to warm your guests. Or for something a little more chic but just as tasty how about a yummy soft Gingerbread cake? I love how the icing and dusted fruit gives this one a frosted look……
Doesn’t it look yummy? I think I might have to try baking it, wedding or no wedding! If none of these have taken your fancy, have a peek at past posts for more wedding cake ideas – here for amazing Autumn cakes, here for 20 decadent and delicious chocolate wedding cakes and here for fabulously fancy Art Deco inspired wedding cakes. Or pop across to Chic Vintage Brides Pinterest page, there is a Wedding Cakes board and a Dessert Tables board brimming with beautiful ideas just waiting for you.
And I hope you have managed to catch the other posts in this series, so far over the last 5 weeks we’ve looked at everything (or almost) you would need to create the perfect Winter wedding – pretty palettes for the season, gorgeous Winter bridal bouquets, dapper looks for your groom, magical Winter tablescapes and the most beautiful colours for your bridesmaids!
Well I’m off to do some Christmas shopping, have a wonderful weekend lovelies!