Beauty & Hair
Vintage Bridal Makeup
Hello lovelies! Can you believe another week is almost over, the start of the weekend will soon be here and the beginning of August is almost upon us – we will soon be talking Halloween and Autumn?! I really don’t know where this year has gone. I have big plans for the rest of this year and Chic Vintage Brides, all of which are most exciting…..but I won’t give anything away yet. Just expect to see a new look and new features coming soon! One thing you can definitely expect to see more of on these pages is beauty, starting today with a Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons dedicated to bridal makeup advice and DIYs…..actually bride-to-be or no, I just know you’re going to love these tips and tutorials for the perfect vintage makeup!
You see it has occurred to me that with any look, and particularly vintage, there are 3 key areas to focus on…..
1. The first being eyebrows, the frames of your face. It is amazing how different good, or bad, eyebrows can make you look. Don’t believe me? Think Marlene Dietrich vs Audrey Hepburn! Yes, now you see what I mean. And now you can see how important it is to ensure they are well shaped and maintained for your big day. Don’t panic though as Bustle have you covered with these 8 brilliant brow tips…..
Oh and here are a few tools and accessories to help you perfect those shapely brows…..
2. The second being the winged eyeliner – something I have never quite managed to master. In fact this infographic from Lime Crime perfectly captures how my ventures into vintage eyeliner usually end…..
If you’re eager to have a try then these liquid eyeliners might help you get the look…..
3. The third being lips of course. And for a vintage look it has to be red! Not the easiest colour to choose or wear, but get it right and it is the perfect, showstopping look for any glamour adoring bride. Take a look at this seductive, hi-shine cherry lips tutorial over on The Beauty Department…..
If you’re loving red but not sure what shade to select then take a squiz at another brilliant post by The Beauty Department on choosing the right shades for your skin tone here. It shows both subtle and statement shades for porcelain to almond skin colours.
And here are a few of the very best lippies on the market for that perfect red pout…..
4. But of course no look would be complete without perfect, glowing skin (or at least the illusion of it) Designer and blogger Keiko Lynn shared all of the steps, as well as some hints and tips, for getting her perfect porcelain skin on Etsy…..
5. If all of that has left you feeling inspired (and brave enough) to do your own makeup for your big day, then take a look at these top 5 tips for making sure you get it right over at Bridal Musings…..
Have a fab weekend everyone – I’m off to try that eyeliner trick!