Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons #59
It is amazing how, dare I say it, I enjoy returning to Chic Vintage Brides after a holiday. Usually the end of a holiday is something of a shock to the system but this week I have positively revelled in catching up on all I have missed and immersing myself in everything vintage and wedding; and as always it was a challenge to limit my pick of the posts to 5 for this week’s Snippet, Whispers & Ribbons.
1. I think I may be in the minority, but as the mornings become cooler and the leaves start to turn…. I look forward to the end of Summer and my favourite season of the year. There is just something about the crisp light and of course the colours that of Autumn that makes me glad when it arrives each year. If you’re not convinced then surely this beautiful inspiration shoot from Magnolia Rouge will change your mind…..
2. Whilst I await Autumn with anticipation, those of you in the northern hemisphere are looking forward to Spring and Summer after a long cold Winter, so it is for you I chose this beach wedding inspiration board from Burnett’s Boards….. although the colours make it equally perfect for an Autumn Wedding…..and I just LOVE it!!
3. I so admire this vintage loving bride’s dedication to all things old world for her fairytale Vintage Holiday Wedding, from her own 1950s wedding dress, to sourcing each of her bridesmaids (and there are 10 of them!) and all the antique finishing touches and decorations, loaned by loved ones as well as bought…..oh and her gorgeous headpiece is from none other than CVB fave Jannie Baltzer!….. this couple’s big day is my idea of heaven!
4. Now if, like me, you weren’t all that excited about the coming release of the Oz Movie before, I think this truly fantastic 1930s Wizard of Oz Wedding Inspiration Shoot from Green Wedding Shoes could just pique your interest about it (it certainly has me)…..
5. And lest we forget, this magical day we spend so long planning isn’t what matters most (although at times it is hard to keep sight of this fact), it is what happens afterwards that counts and for that reason my favourite posts at the moment are Snippet & Ink‘s Snapshot of a Marriage, this week celebrating Bob & Carolyn’s 50 years…..
This weekend I will mostly be spending catching up on emails, please bear with me anyone who has emailed in February, I will be coming back to you I promise! 🙂 And of course making the most of the end of the Summer! What about everyone else?