Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons #49
2012…what a year! It is hard to comprehend all that has happened to my little blog in the space of 12 months…. and how much I have each and every one of you followers, contributors, sponsors and stoppers by to thank for it.
To celebrate, the final Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons of the year is a pick of your favourite Chic Vintage Brides posts – these are the posts that brought you to CVB, that inspired you and that you loved.
1. By far the most popular post of 2012, on Pinterest as well as Chic Vintage Brides, was the one that highlighted how Wedding Cakes can be as unique and personality filled as any wedding – 20 wow Alternative Wedding Cakes
2. Of all Chic Vintage Bride’s Inspiration Boards the romantic Spring Flush – Dusky Blue & Blush Inspiration Board seems to be the one most loved….although I suspect the fabulous blush Jenny Packham gown is as responsible for the post’s popularity as the as pretty palette is!
3. Affordable, fashionable, chic and wearable bridesmaids dresses can be as much (if not more) of a challenge to find than THE wedding dress, so CVB’s series of posts on the perfect dresses were unsurprisingly popular, particularly the first post on the most versatile of colours, the Little and Long Black Bridesmaids Dresses!
4. I loved the beautiful Braided Updo post as much as you did! The trend for braids seems to be going nowhere and I for one am glad, they the perfect alternative to the more traditional bridal updo, with a style for every bride…..I just wish I could create such updos with my own hair!
5. It took a royal wedding for Long Sleeved wedding dresses to finally be considered fashionable rather than frumpy, delightfully demure rather than dated. It is a look set to continue well into 2013 and seemingly adored by designers as much as it is by brides – my pick of the Most Beautiful Long Sleeved Wedding Dresses from the 2013 Collections features some of the top names in Bridal couture……
Thank-you for a fabulous 2012 everyone….here’s to 2013 and all that it may bring!