20 Fabulous Decor Ideas for an Art Deco Wedding
So far in this series of Art Deco themed Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons we’ve looked at the most perfect bridal hair accessories, decadent wedding invitations, delicious wedding cakes, fabulous bridesmaid dresses, beautiful bouquets, dapper grooms and elegant hair & makeup, which doesn’t leave us much more to look at! In fact next week’s will be the last, for this era at least; but today I’m turning our attention to the all important decor, those little details and finishing touches full of Gatsby glamour that will take your guests back to the Jazz Age and take your wedding from beautiful to breathtaking!
The roaring 20s a time of prohibition, speakeasies and red hot jazz. An era renowned for its glamour, striking geometric shapes, and lavish ornamentation, so for an Art Deco inspired wedding think metallics and jewel colours, feathers, fans and frames; sunbursts, sweeping curves and chevrons; cocktails, gramophones and live music – all were popular in architecture, fashion and art during the era and are sure to give your wedding some wow! Here are 20 fabulous ideas for injecting a little Gatsby glamour in to your celebration….
1. Signage – so your guests know what they’re in for from the moment they arrive!
2. A Creative Aisle – the perfect backdrop for exchanging vows!
3. Vintage Ceremony Seating ~ whether mismatched chairs or vintage church pews choose something reminiscent of the era to wow your guests.
4. A Glamorous Seating Chart
5. Unforgettable Reception Decor – get creative with your lighting and decor for a party that Jay Gatsby would be proud to host…..
6. Lavish Wedding Breakfast Menus
Photography ~ Jon Aaron Green
7. Beautiful Chair Decor
8. A Place Setting with a Little Luxury – use vintage china and ornate silverware, or goldware!
9. Speakeasy Inspired Centrepieces – feathers or frames, both evoke the Art Deco era whilst creating very different looks…..
10. Vintage Typewriters – as decoration or in place of the traditional guestbook!
11. Cocktail Bar – and how about some signature cocktails to get the party swinging?
12. A Gramophone – or two?
13. A Photobooth – for those fun candid snaps…..
via Love My Dress
14. And Of Course A Papermoon!
15. Jazz Band – to Charleston the night away!
16. Vintage Cameras – the perfect centrepiece or finishing touch.
17. A Champagne Tower – no Gatsby inspired party is complete without one!
18. A Cigar Bar – for the boys!
19. Art Deco Wedding Cake Toppers
Wedding Cake Topper ~ Jolie En Rose Vintage
20. Vintage Getaway Car – for an unforgettable exit!
*sigh* I love them all! And so many of these ideas would be very budget friendly, or even fantastic DIY projects if you’re feeling crafty. So, you really don’t need to blow your budget when it comes to decor….which leaves you more $s for the all important dress! (and there’s a big hint at the subject of next Friday’s post :))
Oh and like I said, don’t worry if the razzle dazzle of the jazz age just ain’t your thing, because after Art Deco, we’ll be looking at Edwardian, 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s….. I am just not sure which one next…. so let me know your preference in the comments below!
Have a fabulous weekend!