Top 5 Posts of the Last Year
With tomorrow being Chic Vintage Bride’s 3rd Blogiversary (I know, I can hardly believe it either – it seems impossible that 3 whole years have passed since my very first post, and it only seems like yesterday that I sat down to write this post!) I thought it only fitting, before I go off to do a spot of candle blowing myself, to share a special Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons with your favourite 5 posts from the last year – and there are definitely some surprises!!
5. This years inspiration boards have been some of my absolute favourite posts, so I was chuffed to see you love them as much as I do, with the ethereally romantic Driftwood & Daydreams (created back in May) by far the most popular. Such a pretty palette of colours, utterly timeless and just perfect for a beach wedding…..
(Please see the original post here for the full credits)
(and I will be sharing even more inspiration boards in the coming year!)
4. Over the last year CVB has been awash with some of the most captivating bridal collections and the most breathtakingly beautiful wedding dresses, but it seems none caught your attention as much as these incredible wedding dress all for under $1000!
(Oh and you will find all of these dresses and more, take a look at CVB’s Pinterest board full of beautiful bridal gowns under $1000)
3. I have long been of the opinion you can’t put enough emphasis on the right lighting for an occasion, and even more so for a wedding. The right lighting (even cheap and simple lighting, as long as it is done well) creates an atmosphere and can make a wedding wow! And I am pleased you were as enamored with my reception lighting inspiration as I was…..
(I also shared ceremony lighting ideas which, if you missed it, you might like to see)
2. Finding the perfect bridesmaids dresses is often almost as much of a challenge as finding THE dress (hardly surprising when you are trying to please 3, 4, 5….7….9 different girls, not just 1) so the second most popular post of the last year was no surprise to me – My Top 5 Bridesmaids Trends included some of the prettiest dresses to suit any wedding, theme, season and bridesmaid!
1. And your favourite post? Somewhat surprisingly ladies, I have to admit, was all about the boys! As well as being surprised, I am quite pleased that you loved my Top 5 Trends for Grooms (from March) as I am working on a post sharing 10 ways to style your man (and his men) vintage – keep a look out for that one, I just know you’re going to love it! In the meantime though, just in case you missed it, here is the most popular post from the last year…..
If, after the week of celebratory discounts last year, you are wondering where the rest of the celebrations are, well you will just have to come back tomorrow to find out.
Have a wonderful weekend, I’m off to scoff some cake!