Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons
5 Vintage Wedding Dresses Perfect for Autumn Brides
Hello lovelies! It’s Friday (I can almost hear the cheer from here!), the end of another week and time for another Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons. Over the last month or so, we have been celebrating the imminent arrival of my favourite season, Autumn, by looking at the most beautiful bridesmaids, bouquets, colour palettes, and cakes for a fall wedding. Honestly, I didn’t think there could be a better time to get married than New Year, but I am beginning to see I may have been wrong! Because, even if none of the previous weeks have convinced you that Autumn is by far the best season to celebrate your wedding, today’s surely will…..
Oh yes, because you see Autumn is by far the best season to make a statement with your dress! Take a look at these stylish brides and whether slinky satin, tulle-tastic or lace, what do they all have in common?…..
Elegant long sleeves! Whilst this ‘trend’ has now been around for a while, since that unforgettable Sarah Burton designed gown of Kate’s, it certainly isn’t going anywhere in 2015. And I’m not surprised, because as well as keeping you warm, nothing creates a more elegant silhouette or romantically demure look for a bride than long sleeves……
1. Thick corded lace and high necklines are the epitome of timeless and I’m not sure you can get anything more romantic than the Grace wedding dress from Temperley London. Its sheer lace yoke emanates Victorian charm and the subtly lustrous satin flows into a dreamy dramatic train…..
2. My own love of lace sleeves started with Grace Kelly’s wedding dress. As a Hollywood icon marrying into royalty her gown had to be special and it certainly was (it’s still considered one of the most iconic wedding dresses some 58 years later!) she looked every inch the princess. And with this beauty from Ersa Atelier’s 2015 collection, you can steal a bit of her style and grace…..
Isn’t it just breathtaking?? (more on their new collection next week!)
3. This Victoriana Handkerchief Hem Dress from Alice & Olivia is just so romantic with its sheer bodice and high, scalloped neckline. Don’t those draped panels of chiffon look so pretty peeking from the hem?…..
4. Primrose from House of Mooshki is a stunning full lace tea length wedding dress with elbow length sleeves and sheer illusion panels that really add elegance to this fun and flirty design……
5. Floriana from Katya Katya Shehurina really makes a statement with its form fitting silhouette in the most beautiful french lace. I love the scalloped open neckline……