Groom & Groomsmen
5 Gorgeous Looks for Spring Grooms
Good morning lovelies – and a happy Friday! Having swooned this week over that elegant Spring wedding, the Lavender & Lilac hued inspiration board and yesterday’s breathtaking blossom-filled Spring wedding styled shoot, (and with a sneaking suspicion I may have been neglecting them of late) today’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons continues the Spring theme and turns our attention to our boys.
Just as you brides no longer need to conform to tradition when it comes to your wedding day style, so the options for our guys are no longer limited to the morning suit or black tux (although they do look good in both!) Grooms & groomsmen are increasingly donning wedding day attire that better reflects them – their style, their passions, their personality. With this move away from the formal and traditional we’re seeing grooms embrace the excitement of getting married, looking relaxed in front of the camera and approaching the day with some swagger; and I for one am loving it! So, here are 5 stylish Spring groom suit ideas and looks, to inspire your man to have a little fun with his look…..
1. Grey is a more rustic, as well as cooler, alternative to the traditional black for Spring. And as the weather warms up you can always skip the jacket, but keep the look appropriately smart by having your guys rock wasitcoats and some headwear…..
2. Choosing a muted neutral for the suits, allows the more classical groom to introduce some Spring colour in his tie and pocketchief for a timeless and elegant look…..
3. When it comes to formal wear blue is definitely the new black for 2015! (did you see the Oscars? Idris Elba looked smoking!) Be careful with blue tuxedos though, as the old brown belt & shoes for a blue suit goes out of the window when the tuxedo has black lapels!
4. Whilst brightly coloured suits are all the rage (did you not see my top trends for grooms & groomsmen post?) they’re not for everyone. A waistcoat though is a great way to add some colour (or texture) as well as a vintage vibe to any grooms look…..
5. There really is no better way to convey a season than with colour and nothing says Spring quite like yellow! As well as being utterly timeless and quintessentially vintage, houndstooth and tweed are perfect for pairing with more patterned or lustrous ties to really make a style statement…..
I love them all! But if these looks haven’t taken your fancy, have a peek at past posts for more groom suit ideas – here for dapper Autumn looks, here for dashing Winter grooms and here for 10 easy ways to style your man vintage. Or pop across to Chic Vintage Brides on Pinterest because the Grooms & Groomsmen board is packed full of ideas (over 900 pins worth!)
Oh and if you missed last week’s 5 Perfect Palettes for a Spring Wedding, do take a peek before you go, and don’t forget to have your say on which one becomes the next inspiration board by popping across to Chic Vintage Bride’s Facebook page and letting me know which is your favourite!
Have a fab weekend!